Stone: “Limited” Inevitable Adventure Double IPA

I’ve been waiting for a good excuse to buy this.  I was able to find this in single bottles, as I was fairly certain I wouldn’t want a 6 pack of this.  Don’t get me wrong.  Stone used to be my favorite brewery.  For a long time they made some of the best beers around.  The problem I have with them, is that they over-saturate the market 50 variations of the same beer.  I’ve never seen a brewery make so many IPA’s with different titles. Yeah I know….they are all different.  I get it.  But after you try 10 of them, it gets REALLY difficult to the tell the difference.

With all that being said, aside from the “Enjoy By” series, I probably haven’t tried any other Stone beverage in over a year.  Even that has lost it’s luster.  Again, don’t get me wrong.  The “Enjoy By” releases are great.  If I lived in an area that didn’t have incredible beers, canned/bottled a week ago, I would be all over these.  Buffalo, NY has become a beer city, with incredible local beers canned/bottled fresh.  We also are getting more and more beers distributed here.  Basically, we are spoiled.

I saw a Facebook ad for this release, and although I laughed at the prospect of yet another IPA, I figured I would try it.  This is brewed with Loral and Rudi hops.  With an abv of 8.9%, this beer goes down easy.  With a nice balance of caramel malt, grapefruit citrus, and pine, this beer this beer is a solid release.  It’s not amazing, but as my stepfather would say after sipping an average beer: “There’s nothing wrong with that.”

If you are in a market that doesn’t get much in terms of craft beer, this is a great find.  Here in Buffalo, it’s worth trying as a single bottle, but I wouldn’t buy a whole six pack.

Tagged with: